Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions were last modified on 9th August 2022.
- 1. Introduction
These General Terms and Conditions (the 'General Terms') govern your use of the websites on which they appear at sherbertjobs.com (the 'Websites') and our provision of various online services via those Websites (the 'Services').
The following terms and conditions form the basis of the agreement between us ('Pressburst') and you (the 'User').
- 2. Who we are
Our website is owned by Pressburst Limited of Angel House, Hardwick, Witney, OX29 7QE, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 5867814. Our VAT number is 921 9322 35. References to 'we', 'us' and 'our' are references to Pressburst.
Capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions are defined in clause 13.
- 3. General Information
These General Terms represent a contract between us and you, which are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales. We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive adjudication to settle any dispute or claim arising between us.
Any term which may be deemed unenforceable or unlawful and fall to be struck out, or otherwise disregarded by a court shall be done so without prejudice to the rest of the agreement.
Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these General Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- 4. Changes to Terms
We may make changes to The General Terms and any Additional Terms at any time. We will post any changes that we make on this page and will indicate the date that the relevant terms were last revised. Your continued use of our websites and associated Services constitutes your acceptance of any changes. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not use or access (or continue to use or access) our Website and/or Services.
- 5. Your use of our Websites
You warrant and represent to us that at all times when using our websites you will not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable laws and regulations.
You will not attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of our websites in any form or media or by any means; or attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of our websites or services; or access all or any part of our websites in order to build a product or service which competes with the websites; or license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make our websites available to any third party.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pressburst, its Affiliates and any Associated Persons against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including court costs and reasonable legal fees) and liabilities arising out of or in connection with your use of our websites, the associated Services, and your obligations under these terms.
- 6. Rights and permissions
Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on our websites are subject to copyright and owned by or licensed to us. No content may be reproduced, copied or distributed by any means and in any form without our prior written permission.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access and use our websites for information purposes and for personal, non-commercial, use. All other use is strictly prohibited.
- 7. Confidential Information
For the purposes of these General Terms, “Confidential Information” means any and all data, information, documents, software or materials relating to the business and management of Pressburst and its users that is designated as confidential or ought reasonably to be considered confidential.
Without express written consent, you agree that you shall not use or disclose to any other person any Confidential Information that you obtain from your use of our Services, and such Confidential Information constitutes the valuable, confidential, proprietary information of Pressburst.
- 8. Termination
We may terminate your access to the Website and/or use of the Services, and also remove and discard any user-uploaded content for any reason and at any time, with or without notice and without liability to you or any third party, including, but not limited to, believing that you have breached our General Terms. In connection with a breach of these General Terms, we may also take any other necessary action we deem reasonable.
- 9. Modifications
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend or discontinue a website, or the provision of a service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you, or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of a website or a service other than as required by law.
- 10. Limitations of Liability
Except as expressly and specifically provided in this Agreement, all warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, excluded from this Agreement; and our websites and any associated services are provided to the User on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis.
We shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss of profits, sales, revenue or loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss (in each case whether direct or indirect), nor for any indirect or consequential loss or damages however arising as a result of using our websites, the associated Services or in connection with this Agreement.
Nothing in this Agreement affects your statutory rights or excludes or restricts the liability of either Party for death or personal injury caused by a Party's negligence; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or to the extent that such liability may not be excluded as a matter of applicable law.
We do not endorse any of the advertisements provided on our Websites. Links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience and we have no control nor responsibility for the content or availability of any third party websites. If you access any third party websites or videos linked from content in our websites, you acknowledge that you do so entirely at your own risk.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of our Websites (including our Services), is at your sole risk. We have made every effort to ensure that content on our Websites and made available through our Services is accurate, up to date and correct at the time of publication. However, our Websites and Services are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, quality or fitness for purpose of the content we provide on our Websites or through our Services, or that use of our Websites will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free. Accordingly, you acknowledge that our Websites or Services may be unavailable for use or inaccessible from time to time. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on our Websites or available through our Services.
- The content on our Websites and any content made available via our Services is for general information only and is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal or other professional advice or services.. The information, content of our Websites and any content made available via our Services does not address your particular circumstances and accordingly, you should not rely upon the content of our Websites or Services as a substitute for proper professional advice. We accept no responsibility for any reliance placed on information or content provided on our Websites or through our Services.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these General Terms.
- 11. Force majeure
We shall have no liability to the User or any Advertiser under this Agreement if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under this Agreement, by acts, events, non-happening, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control, including (but not limited to):
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of Pressburst or any other Party)
- interruption or failure of a utility service or transport or telecommunications network
- war, riot, civil commotion, pandemic or other public health emergency
- malicious damage, hacking, denial-of-service attacks
- compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction
- accident or breakdown of plant or machinery
- fire, flood, storm, explosions, earthquake, subsidence, or other natural disaster
- default of suppliers or subcontractors, provided that you are notified of such an event and its expected duration
We will use all reasonable endeavours to bring such an event to a close or find a solution by which our obligation may be performed despite the force majeure event and within our General Terms or any related contract.
- 12. Complaints
If you object to anything on our Websites, please let us know by sending an email explaining your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
- 13. Definitions
The following definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply in this Agreement:
- Sherbert Jobs
- a job advertising portal operated by Pressburst Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 5867814.
- a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform used to manage job vacancies and press releases owned and operated by Pressburst Ltd.
- means a third party who adds job vacancy adverts on the website(s). These job vacancy adverts are added using our Pressburst application to which the third party maintains an active annual subscription.
- means any subscription fees paid to Pressburst for the use of their platform.
- means in relation to either Party, each and any subsidiary or holding company of that Party and each and any subsidiary of a holding company of that Party with the terms 'subsidiary' and 'hold company' being given their meaning as set out in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- means these Terms and Conditions together with any other document expressly incorporated by reference.
- Associated Person
- means the officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, representatives, subcontractors of Pressburst and its Affiliates.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- mean patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- means the User or Pressburst (as applicable) and 'Parties' means both of them.
- means any advertising or marketing products offered by us to Users, subject to this Agreement.
- Terms and Conditions
- means the terms and conditions set out in clauses 1 to 13.
- means any person who accesses this website and is therefore subject to these terms and conditions.